Is banana good for weight loss? It certainly has a long and noble history of helping people lose weight.
Banana is often listed among the “must have” foods when it comes to weight loss. Here are the top reasons why it is good for weight loss:
o It is a good source of vitamins and minerals, particularly Vitamin A, B and E. These are good fats, which help in burning off your excess fat. A lot of research has also shown that it helps in increasing the metabolism rate, which results in more calories being burned by your body.
o It contains potassium, which is needed to make sodium, bicarbonate and carbonate more effective as acids. Potassium is essential in regulating blood pressure, digestion and in maintaining a healthy heart.
o It is a great source of dietary fiber and phytoestrogen. This means that it helps to regulate the hormone estrogen, which can lead to better sex life and help you stay in shape during menstruation.
o It is full of vitamins and minerals that help improve the functions of your digestive system and regulate your hormones. It also helps in flushing toxins from your body and relieving constipation.
o It provides your body with important nutrients like Vitamin C, A, Zinc, Iron, Copper, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Sulfur, Selenium, and Chromium. These nutrients not only help in weight loss but they also provide you with many other health benefits. They also help your body get rid of toxins that have accumulated over time.
All in all, the good thing about eating bananas is that they taste so yummy and delicious that you do not even notice that you are taking in all the nutrients you need. Plus, the fiber content in them is enough to help keep you from feeling bloated after eating.
Now that you know that eating bananas is a good food for weight loss, you can start searching for some varieties that you can try at home. The good news is that there are many different kinds of bananas to choose from, so you can find one that suits your taste and personality.
* Bananas with skins are a good option since they are easier on the stomach. On the other hand, if you want the real taste, opt for bananas that come unripe.
* Whole bananas are best. They are rich in fiber and nutrients and also provide you with more energy as compared to sliced bananas.
* You should also choose bananas that are of the same skin color if you want to lose weight. The dark or green bananas, which come unripe are said to have less calories than the others.
* When choosing bananas, you should also watch out for natural sugar, especially fructose, which is a source of sugar. It is found in higher quantities in dried fruits and is converted to glucose when you eat them.
* When you have already eaten your bananas, you should wrap them in a plastic wrap and store them in the fridge until you have time to take them out for breakfast or lunch. This will keep them in their original shape and retain their flavor.
* When you feel like snacking instead of having a more healthy snack, make sure that you eat a handful of fresh basil leaves first thing in the morning. This will be beneficial in making your digestion and bowel movement easier.
* Avoid eating bananas with high fat content. While they contain lots of potassium, they are also said to contain a large amount of sodium.
A great idea is to buy whole-grained brown rice instead of the white kind. These grains contain a lot of protein and fiber.